Tell Us Your Story
The Neighbour Day ‘Tell Us Your Story’ competition invites people in communities around the country to share their stories of an extraordinary neighbour, or an amazing neighbourly act, for the chance to win up to $400.
This year, Neighbour Day’s annual theme: The importance of social connection for the elderly encouraged people to reach out to older people in their neighbourhoods, particularly those who live alone.
As a reflection of the theme, we’re inviting you to submit a 250-word story about an elderly neighbour.
This could include stories about:
- An extraordinary elderly neighbour;
- A friendship with an elderly neighbour;
- Children connecting with elderly neighbours; or
- How you reached out to an elderly neighbour on Neighbour Day.
By telling us your story, you could win:
- A $100 gift voucher for the winning entry from each state and territory ($800 total)
- A $300 gift voucher for the overall National winner.
Entries open on Monday 27 March 2017 and will close at 5pm on Monday 17 April 2017.
For the competition rules visit this page.